Who Can Join the LTG?
We welcome applications from Amateur Theatre Companies who:
- have sole control over an established theatre
- are independent and self-governing
- produce a regular programme of stage plays
- are non-commercial in character
The annual subscription to LTG is £70 pa (1 Sep – 31 Aug) and members also pay £35 pa for a minimum of 15 copies of the LTG Year Book, a total of £105 pa.
If you are interested and want to know more about joining, please complete this form HERE.
Once we have received your outline details, the LTG Secretary will get in touch to find out a little more information such as details on how your theatre is constituted and your membership.
The LTG Committee will consider your application and once approved, the Regional Secretary and/or other LTG Committee Member(s) will visit the theatre as soon as possible to watch a production, meet the appointed LTG Representative and Chairman, and welcome formally the new Member to LTG.
Benefits of Membership
- The LTG Yearbook – LTG Members receive 15 copies of this comprehensive list of the productions and key information about all LTG Members of which there are over 110
- Grey Papers (for a list see HERE)
- LTG Newsletter – triannual newsletter free to all LTG Members
- The opportunity at annual Regional and National Conferences to network with like-minded people and share ideas, discuss issues of common concern and attend workshops
- To call on a pool of knowledge to resolve issues of immediate concern
- To be part of an organisation that lobbies government and related public bodies on issues of joint concern
- generous reduction on Play Texts from Nick Hern Books
- generous reduction on Play Texts from Concord Theatricals (formerly Samuel French)
- generous reduction on Play Texts from Josef Weinberger Ltd
- 20% reduction on some publications from ABTT (Association of British Theatre Technicians)
- A Corporate Member of Theatres Trust which ensure invitations and discounts to their events. All theatres are able to access their free advice service.
- Member of UK Theatre the UK’s leading Membership and Performing Arts Membership organisation