Today, we are proud to announce the launch of Theatre Helpline, a significant part of UK Theatre and SOLT’s work to encourage safe and supportive working practices in theatre.
The helpline is a free and confidential support available 24/7, to anyone working in theatre and the performing arts in the UK.
To contact Theatre Helpline call 0800 915 4617 or email email@example.com
Theatre Helpline provides advice and support on your challenges including
- Bullying or harassment
- Health issues including mental health
- Injury and mobility problems
- Issues with employment or unemployment
- Career issues including professional development and training
- Retirement and care in later life
- Debt and financial issues
You can read more about the Theatre Helpline here
You can download a poster to display in your theatre here.
This initiative is being funded by the charitable arm of SOLT, the Theatre Development Trust. It will be run as a pilot for one year. During this year we’ll assess usage to help us decide what further support might be necessary, and how the support line might be funded in the longer term.