Invitation from the RSC, Stratford-upon-Avon
Work with RSC directors and the theatre practitioners who support them.
Saturday 19 – Sunday 20 October from 09.30 to 17.30 at the RSC, Stratford-upon-Avon
The Big Directors’ Weekend offers workshops, masterclasses and interviews. It offers an insight into our rehearsal room processes and practices of the directors who work with us.
Suitable for anyone who wants to develop their theatre directing skills.
You will take part in four different practical workshops and professional masterclasses across the weekend each exploring an aspect of theatre direction including:
- Working with actors
- Working with text/scripts
- Planning, preparing, scheduling and working with a creative and technical team eg. designers, stage managers, lighting and sound
- Live rehearsal – Watch an RSC director at work
The Big Directors’ Weekend costs £220 (accommodation not included) and as well as the workshops your ticket includes:
- Q&A with RSC Deputy Artistic Director and Director of A Museum in Bagdad, Erica Whyman
- Ticket to see A Museum in Baghdad in preview in the Swan Theatre
- Ticket to The Play’s The Thing, our behind the scenes exhibition
- Lunch on both days
- A backstage tour of our theatres
All workshops take place in our rehearsal rooms as well as onstage and backstage in the Royal Shakespeare Theatre. Participants must be 18+
Booking – Call the RSC Ticket Hotline 01789 331 111 or visit the Royal Shakespeare Theatre Box Office.
Subscribe via RSS Like on Facebook Follow on Twitter