Aims and Objectives of the Little Theatre Guild
HERE are the Rules of the LTG. These sit above the Aims and Objectives of the LTG
- To promote close co-operation between members in all areas of Theatre
- To organise National and Regional Conferences, workshops and seminars.
- To run regular courses to improve standards and theatrical knowledge.
- To act as the co-ordinating body for the development of independent amateur theatres, and to lobby on their behalf on matters of national interest, such as taxation, charity status, licensing, sponsorship, insurance and royalties.
- To promote and develop the involvement and interest of young people in all aspects of theatre.
- To help and improve relationships with Local Authorities and regional arts boards.
- To advise those seeking to establish new independent amateur theatres.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas regionally, nationally and internationally.
- To encourage exchanges between member Theatres and those in the international arena.
- To ensure that the voice of the LTG is heard strongly with national and international bodies, including the Central Council of the Amateur Theatre and the International Theatre Association.
- Promoting the establishment of youth theatre groups
- Facilitating communication between members through a quarterly newsletter
- Encouraging and supporting new writing.
- Helping to facilitate exchange visits through the International Theatre Exchange.
- Helping in the establishment of new theatre groups.
- Maintaining a bank of information and resources which is available to members.
- Publishing an annual Year Book of member theatre achievements.
- Monitoring and advising on the maintenance of standards.
- Maintaining personal contact with members at local, regional and national level.
- Advising on the opportunities for access to funds.
- Maintaining a website on the Internet.
- Promoting the Little Theatres Movement and individual theatres’ achievements.